Sunday, November 3, 2013

Review Dr Who: Besieged

So you never heard of Dr Who Besieged? Well, that because it's a fan film. I was searching the net for a good Dr Who Fan Film and came across Ryan Hendrick's Besieged. I have to admit I was impressed. This is basically Dr Who meets Aliens.  Interesting concept. Not my first choice for a cross-over for Dr Who, but not a bad one.
I wasn't expecting much, since this was a fan film but I was pleasantly surprised. The acting was good. No great, but it didn't feel like a novice saying the lines. The Doctor is played by Ryan Hendrick and his Doctor is kinda like David Tennant, but not as whimsical. The special effects were not too bad. Yes they are some cheesy special effects, but we are Dr Who fans. We love cheesy special effects. Now this is kinda on the long side. Part 1 is like 43 mins and part 2 is 54 mins.

Overall, I give it a 2 out of 5 Tardis's if being compared to other Dr Who episodes. Rated as a Fan Film, I give it a 5 out 5 Tardis's. This is better then some real Dr Who episodes, which is pretty amazing for a fan film to do. I can't wait to see what else Ryan will be doing.