Friday, December 4, 2015

Review "Sleep No More"

We finally get back to a single part story. I kind of missed them and was sure glad this was not a 2 part story. Talk about a snooze fest, which is kind of funny since this episode is about sleep. Leave it to Dr Who to take eye gunk and turn it into a monster. Which I have to admit kind of looked cool, but the idea that these creatures are made out of sand in the corner of your eye, left me wondering if Steven Moffat ran out of ideas. This whole episode kind of felt like a filler after the Zygon episodes.



There were some redeeming qualities about "Sleep No More". They used first person view and security camera footage to piece the story together. Kind of cool. The creatures looked alright. And we got to hear "Mr Sandman" over and over and over again. They could have mixed it up and played "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. I could see the Doctor rocking out to that.

I just don't get the whole idea of people needing more time to accomplish things, so they can get a full night sleep in minutes using the Morpheus machine. Are they using all this free time to watch more Dr Who episodes? I seriously doubt it. I enjoy my sleep time and don't want it to go away. Then again I could use more time to get caught up on reviews and binge watch "Jessica Jones" on Netflix. Speaking of "Jessica Jones", how evil is David Tennant in that? He's like the Doctor if the Doctor was a complete asshole. I digress.



The whole thing about this episode is that nothing stands out to me. Two days after watching it, I can hardly remember what happens. Maybe, I used the real Morpheus machine and chose the wrong pill. I don't know. The Doctor meets Morpheus from the Matrix. Now that's something I would like to see.

So with that said, I give "Sleep No More" 1.5 Tardis's out of 5.